Hi, everyone! I'm Miranda, or Mizzim, or the Poet, or probably a lot of other screennames I've forgotten. Lots of Paranatural, Homestuck, Doctor Who, and Teen Wolf, with a dash of a ton of other random things for flavor.
Women have been denied the right to vote, treated like property, sold to their spouses, raped every time it was war, misrepresented by entitled white male politicians, endangered every time they walked somewhere alone at night, denied the right to drive or be anywhere without a man, shamed for showing their faces, shamed for choosing not to show their faces for millennia, and still you think your biggest problem is that someone buys a mug that says “male tears”?
If you’ve ever heard my rants about vaccination, you know it’s a major topic with me. Because hey, I’m one of these immunosuppressed people this comic talks about, so it’s a bit of a sensitive subject. (“Oh, I’m sorry, you don’t like getting vaccinated? I don’t like having three month long respiratory infections because you gave me the freaking flu, but I guess you don’t care about that”)
Essentially, Ellen and her wonderful character Katherine have just said it better than I ever could—and using Shaun of the Dead references, too!!! It’s all about herd immunity—getting vaccinated isn’t just about your own health, it’s about the health—and non-zombification—of the entire human race.
SO REBLOG THIS!! LIKE THIS!!! SPREAD IT LIKE WILDFIRE!!!!!
Frankly, I think that there should be a MASSIVE PROHIBITIVE TAX PENALTY on people who won’t vaccinate their kids or themselves for ~~personal~~ non-medical reasons.
And that people who cite ~~but autism~~ should be put on a list that pings the local child protective authorities and identifies them as a potential child abuser if their offspring is ever diagnosed with a spectrum disorder.
Because seriously. These people would rather have a dead child than an autistic one. I do NOT trust them with an autistic child.
All of the above. Also if anti-vaxxers would stop using me and people like me as a fucking scare tactic that would be great. My syndrome is not the end of the fucking world. I am still 100% capable of having a full, healthy, productive life, as are many people on the autism spectrum.
You know who isn’t capable of that kind of life?
Someone dead from small pox or what the shit ever.
Also, vaccinations do not cause autism. JFC. Learn 2 science.
Can we please take a moment to talk about this man? He is not what you would look and say “He is a superhero.” He also doesn’t have any type of superpower, he don’t fly, or have super strength, or has the mutant gene. But he had a choice to do between what was right or wrong, and even though he knew if he didn’t do as Rumlow was asking Rumlow would kill him and just do it, he prefered not to do and die. Because he wanted to do what was the right thing to do.
#see this kid right here#he’s exactly what steve rogers is about#steve rogers does what he does#the flashy superheroic heroism#for men and women like this#the ones who don’t have super powers#so they can see him#and they can be inspired#to ordinary acts of extraordinary bravery#captain america is captain america because people see him#and they think#’this is someone i want to aspire to’#’this is someone brave and who doesn’t give up and who does the right thing’#’i want to be like that’ (via tonystarks)
i’m joining the trend
inspired by (x)
“It is a grave injustice to a child or adult to insist that they stop crying. One can comfort a person who is crying which enables him to relax and makes further crying unnecessary; but to humiliate a crying child is to increase his pain, and augment his rigidity.”
cut my life into pieces
"if you’re straight and white tumblr will lynch you~"
fun fact!! there are actual places in the real irl world today (2014!) where if you are anything other than straight and white you will actually get lynched! literally! they will literally kill you!! isn’t that wild??
Upon second viewing, I have definitely concluded that Guardians of the Galaxy is even better when you imagine it as a tabletop campaign with an increasingly frustrated DM who’s sick of being interrupted.
GM: “Roll 2d10.”
Peter: “Red high. Twelve.”
GM: “You have 12 percent of a plan.”
The entire prison break scene was just Rocket’s player rolling knowledge checks on every turn until something worked.
- When Drax’s player said, “I go into the phone booth and call Ronan to Knowhere”, the DM stared open-mouthed for a minute, then called break time. The rest of the party was speechless.
- Pretty much just in general, Drax’s player is one of those people who thinks Chaotic Neutral means “throws self at shit for the lulz” and is really fortunate he didn’t have many other opportunities to derail the campaign.
- Gamora’s player gets really exasperated by the entirety of the campaign. They rolled a character with a tragic backstory and clear hooks to the villain to expand on, and had no idea that everyone else was going to be so silly. It leads to begging the party to just once execute a normal plan because look at Gamora’s stealth bonus, this min/maxed assassin needs a chance to use her abilities, please.
- Rocket’s a skill monkey who, if not for Drax’s grand display of idiocy, would have gladly derailed the campaign with absurd plans.
- Groot was a joke idea someone came up with that people ended up liking too much.
- Ronan’s confusion when Star Lord began dancing was the DM’s confusion verbatim.
- The DM now vetoes Chaotic Neutral characters on principle.
Ways you can help: